It is important to us that your stay as a guest at one of our hotels is wonderful and relaxing, after all "Best memories start here". Customer satisfaction and your trust in us are therefore essential.
This Privacy Statement has been prepared to inform you as to how we handle your personal information, why we need your data and what you as a guest need to know about your own rights with regard to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Collecting your data
We collect your data to offer you our products. We need the information to communicate with you during the booking process, during your stay and, if necessary, after your stay.
- Your data will be retained for as long as necessary, in accordance with legislation.
- You can view, change, correct or delete your personal data.
- We have taken technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data. This is to prevent unauthorised use, unlawful loss, unauthorised disclosure and/or unauthorised access to your data.
- Your data is processed in systems used by our partners with the aim of making your stay enjoyable. We have made clear agreements with each other to guarantee the safety when sharing and transferring such data.
3. What type of personal information do we collect?
We are obliged to ask you for your personal details and/or details of your family members at various points in the process, including:
- Contact information (surname, first name, telephone number, email).
- Personal information (date of birth, nationality).
- Your credit card information (in order to guarantee your booking, we never ask for your CVC code!).
- Your arrival and departure dates.
- Your questions/comments/preferences.
- The necessary personal data is only requested from persons with a minimum age of 18, data from persons under the age of 18 is only accepted with the consent of a legal representative. In the first instance, it is not our intention to request and/or use special data such as race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical convictions, health or sexual orientation. There is a possibility that we collect your special data to meet your requirements or to provide you with a suitable service as a guest, for example with a specific meal/diet.
4. When is your personal information collected?
We collect your personal information at various points in the process, including:
- Booking your hotel room, meeting room or table in the restaurant.
- Checking and making payments.
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes.
Participation in marketing programmes or events/exhibitions:
- Participation guest satisfaction survey.
- Offers via email.
- Invitation to an event or exposition.
Transfer to third party information:
- Bookings via tour operators, travel agencies, GDS booking system and other booking channels via the internet.
- Social media (for example Facebook).
5. For what purposes?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Managing your room reservation and/or request accommodation.
- Managing your stay at the hotel.
- Managing access to rooms and/or meeting room.
- For emergencies.
- Checking use of services (bar, bike rental, etc.).
- Improving our service and products.
- Contact management.
- Managing preferences for returning guests.
- Manage cancellations on offers and newsletters.
- Taking into account the right to object.
- For managing claims/complaints.
- Local legislation.
6. Third party access to your personal information
Your personal information will not be sold to third parties, your data will only be made available to third parties that are involved in the (booking) process for your reservation.
Our employees and any third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
7. Your rights
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or you may object to the processing of your personal data. You have the right to data transfer if we have your personal data. This means that after you have submitted a request for "Data Portability", you will receive your own data from us in a readable computer file.
You can send a request for inspection, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request to withdraw your consent to email@example.com.
We would like to point out that you have the option to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised changes.
With this Privacy Statement, we are doing our utmost to clarify how we handle your data and what your rights are. If you get the impression that your data is not secure, you have reason to suspect misuse, or if you have any other questions, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
Applicants Privacy Statement
Personal data received from applicants by Aeon Plaza Hotels and affiliated companies is only used for the recruitment process (both open applications and applications for a vacancy within Aeon Plaza Hotels).
Data of applicants
Aeon Plaza Hotels receives and processes applicants’ data obtained in the following ways:
- Through job sites where the vacancies of Aeon Plaza Hotels and affiliated companies have been posted;
- Through recruitment firms;
- Received directly by email from the applicant;
- Received directly by phone from the applicant;
- Received directly through personal contact with the applicant;
- Through the application form of Aeon Plaza Hotels, completed by the applicant.
Data includes: name, address, birth date, gender, language, email, telephone number, applicant education (training, courses, etc.), labour history (previous employers, references, etc.).
Applicants’ data gathered and processed by Aeon Plaza Hotels is adequate, relevant and not superfluous for the specific purposes for which it is gathered and processed. Aeon Plaza Hotels does not gather or process sensitive information on applicants, such as race, religion, health etc. If an applicant provides Aeon Plaza Hotels with sensitive personal information unsolicited, the applicant gives permission to Aeon Plaza Hotels to use this for recruitment purposes. Aeon Plaza Hotels does not sell or trade applicants’ data to any third party.
Retention of data
Aeon Plaza Hotels stores applicants’ data during the recruitment procedure. After the recruitment procedure Aeon Plaza Hotels removes applicants’ data within one month after the end of the recruitment procedure. Aeon Plaza Hotels can retain applicants’ data for a maximum of 1 year after the end of the recruitment procedure, only after explicit permission from the applicant, if there is a ‘business need’ to do so, such as retaining an applicant’s CV in case a suitable vacancy should arise in the future.
Aeon Plaza Hotels uses a number of technical, physical and organisational security measures to ensure the integrity, accessibility and confidentiality of applicants’ data and protect them against access by unauthorised persons, incorrect use, changes, illegal or erroneous destruction and/or loss. All employees of Aeon Plaza Hotels and affiliated companies involved in the recruitment procedure have access to the applicants’ data. Aeon Plaza Hotels obliges employees involved in the recruitment procedure to handle applicants’ data confidentially and respect the applicants’ privacy. Third parties processing applicants’ data on behalf of Aeon Plaza Hotels is also supposed to take sufficient security measures.
The applicant has the following rights regarding his or her personal data:
- To inspect his or her personal data retained by Aeon Plaza Hotels;
- To correct his or her personal data. This includes: adding to, deleting, blocking or ensuring in any other way that the applicant’s data is no longer used.
If applicants want to use one of the aforementioned rights, they can contact the Human Resources Department of Aeon Plaza Hotels by email: email@example.com.